Monday, September 18, 2017

Harvey and Sew Sweet Bee


Hello sweet friends!
Hope y'all are well?
I know it has been awhile, but things have been 
busy over here in my little nest.  Not sure really where
to start.  lol!!


We had a visit for Hurricane Harvey.   This is a picture
from our sweet neighbors across the street.  They kept an
eye on our home while we where away.  We are very lucky
and blessed to have just got water in our garage.   Our home
was safe from the flood waters.  Sweet hubby and I stayed
with our son and his bride.  Hubby and our son worked a lot 
of long hours as they both work for the local electric company.  
It feels sew good to have things some what  back to normal.


I have been doing some customer quilting,
so if  you follow me on Instagram you may have
seen some of the quilts.  Last month I bought a 
computer for my long arm, and even though I 
have worked on a computer with a quilt machine
before there is still some what of a learning curve.


Gracey from Burlap and Blossom Patterns
was Queen Bee last month.  She asked that
we make her a scrappy cactus.  (this is one
of her patterns.)  This block is 12 1/2 inches
unfinished.  If you would like to check out 
her cute patterns you can visit her shop here.
She has some of the sweetest patterns and I promise
you will not be disappointed.

Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend and you
that you get to do something you love today.

Hugs
donna

5 comments:

  1. I am thankful that life is getting back to more normal for you, my friend...Have fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make my cactus today, I had it cut out, except for the white, when I got really sick. I can finally think clearly enough again to make my block today. I'm glad you are able to get back to sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are ok and back stitching. That is a serious amount of floodwater there. Hope hubby and your son have had some well deserved rest time by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sweet Donna! Oh, how happy I am to learn you and your home are okay. Indeed, what a blessing to have only gotten water in the garage.

    My, what a sweet little block! Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you were stressed! Glad all is getting back to normal for you now!

    ReplyDelete