Monday, May 1, 2017

Free Tutorial Windmill's For Skyler Rose


Happy May Day!
Geez it is already May 1st, seems like
it was just the beginning of the year. lol!
For being May 1st it is a gorgeous day 
out and there is a cool breeze.  I may 
have to go do some work outside and enjoy
this wonderful weather.



May is my month to be Queen Bee in Sew
Sweet Bee.  So I drew this Windmill block
and have wanted to make it for a long time
 and name it after my sweet niece's little girl.

Windmill's For Skyler Rose

So this is the block I am asking my bee
sister's to make me.


This is what you will need to make a block

4 White 4 1/4 inch squares
4 Purple 4 1/4 inch squares
and 
1  3 1/2 inch square

The white and purple 4 1/4 inch squares
 are going to be used to make half square 
triangles.  You will need 8 HST.
You can find the tutorial on how I make my
half square triangles in this post.

The 3 1/2 inch square will be the center of
your windmill.


This is the placement on how to sew them 
together.

Your block should be 9 1/2 inches.

For the quilt I used 20 blocks.
20 different fat quarters.

25 - 2 1/2 x 9 1/2 inch strips to sew to 
the right and left sides.

30 - 2 1/2 inches squares from left over
fabrics for the corner stones

24 - 2 1/2 x 9 1/2 inch strips to go in between 
the corner stones.

I cut my boarders 5 1/2 inches and used
about 5/8 of a yard.

3/4 for binding, but I do my binding a 
little bigger than most.  I cut my strips
3/4 of an inch x wof.

4 yards for backing.

Size of my quilt turned out to be 56 x 66 1/2

 
Hope you enjoy making this block as much
as I do.

Try to do something each day that you love.

Hugs
donna

7 comments:

  1. Hi Donna love seeing your blocks you are so clever my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful block, my friend! It will make a lovely quilt :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun block! I can't wait to make it for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Donna! Love how it comes together! Enjoy being Queen Bee this month :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial. I like this block a lot. Your a queen every day darlin.

    ReplyDelete