Monday, April 15, 2019

Retreat Fun In Durango Colorado





Happy Monday sweet friends!!

I know I have not been around blogging much,
that is because I am mostly on Instagram.  If you
are Instagram look me up donnaslavendernest.


(Kim, donna, Lauren)

I had a great opportunity to go to Durango and go
on a quilt retreat.  I had not meet Kim, but we had
talked on the phone sew much I felt like I had known
her for years.  Kim has been in my online sewing bee
Sew Sweet Bee for like 3 three years and this is 
Lauren's first year.  I flew into Albuquerque where Kim
picked me up at the airport.  The first night we meet
Lauren for dinner.  These two ladies are a hoot and
sew much fun.  We laughed sew much tears ran down
our legs.  




The next day Kim and I drove to Durango and
this is where we stayed.  The Strater was built
in 1887.  While it has been remolded there are 
still some original components from 1887.  We 
found it to be very cool.   (but not haunted)


This is the room we sewed in.  It was down stairs
and we where told this room used to be filled with
silver back in the day.  How cool is that?

I almost finished my Texas flag quilt, but since I 
miss cut I needed more fabric.  When I can
take a better picture of it I will show you.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day.

Love and Hugs,
donna




2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had so much fun. And that historical hotel is so cool. I hope you loved Durango.
    Blessings, Susie 💐

    ReplyDelete