Monday, February 27, 2017

Red and White Quilt Finish


Happy Monday sweet friends.

I can not believe February is almost
over.  I feel like I have not got much
sewing done, I just have been piddling.
lol!  So many projects to finish but 
not sure where to start.


This red and white quilt is for a customer.
I used a mix of vintage table cloths and
quilty cotton fabric's.  For the binding I
used Lori Holt's red diagonal gingham, and
for the quilting I quilted roses.
The mix of fabrics is one of my favorite's
and I loved the way it turned out.  


I am getting ready to go on retreat in March
and I have always wanted to make my own
ironing mat.  So I found some of this Waverly
duck in my stash.  


Then I wanted to make it pretty.  Please do not look
close as this is my first time to crochet edging on 
anything.  It turned out pretty good for my first time.
But as you can see I need a lot more practice.  lol!
It was fun to do so I plan on doing it some more.

Hope you are getting to the things you love and 
listen to the birds singing.

Hugs
donna

11 comments:

  1. Love your quilt and your ironing mat. I have not crocheted anything so this is perfection to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to learn to crochet edging, but the only thing I seem to be able to crochet is a straight line. LOL Your quilt turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna the quilt is so pretty in the red and white and i think your crochet edging looks fantastic,have fun on your retreat my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crocheting is beautiful! Wishing you a fun time on your retreat! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning red and white quilt, always one of my favourite combinations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ironing mat is sooo cute! 💜 How fun to go on a quilting retreat!!! The red and white quilt is beautiful! Red and white together are one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, you did such a good job on the crochet! I'm so proud of you!!! Love the mat and the colors. Feels so springy, and so Donna-ey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That red and white quilt is stunning!!!! Wow, and I love your pressing mat, the fabric is just gorgeous and the crocheted edge is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your projects are outstanding! But I Love, Love, Love that Red Quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red and white quilt! How sweet are those violets...very pretty ironing mat .Have fun on retreat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crochet is awesome! I need you to teach me. =)

    ReplyDelete