Friday, May 22, 2015

Canning Day Is Here!


Hi Y'all I am so happy you are here.
It is is time for Farmgirl Friday.  
Today it is my turn to blog about sweet Lori's new book Farm Girl Vintage.


I have been doing a little canning today.
I put up a few strawberries, cherries and apples.
I love this block it was so easy to follow Lori's instructions.
This is a 12 inch block.  Easy peasy.


I have to decided to incorporate both the 6 inch and the 12 inch blocks into my quilt.  It will be fun to make both sizes.

You should pop in and visit Lori's blog.  She is showing us what all we can do with her Farmgirl blocks from pot holders to an apron. 

Lori has also picked out a Farmgirl bundle to go with her book, you can find it at Fat Quarter Shop

If you want to see what everyone else is making head on over to Instagram #farmgirlfridays it is so much fun seeing what everyone is doing.

Thank you so much Lori and Fat Quarter Shop for putting this awesome book together.

Hugs,
donna

6 comments:

  1. Hi donna your piece looks beautiful,looks like such a fun book xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Donna!! So sweet!! What line is that strawberry fabric from? Happy weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. how stinking cute!! love those canning jars!
    have a great memorial day weekend!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna!
    I love your blocks! That polka dotted canning jar looks like candy in a jar:)
    I love that you're making both size blocks!
    Thanks so much for participating!!!
    xx
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    How nice that you have canned strawberries, cherries, and apples. You know, cherries are my favorite fruit. I haven't had canned foods in such a long time. The best thing I ever had was homemade strawberry jam, yummy. Your quilt is going to look so charming. What a talent.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete