Monday, December 22, 2014

Sweet Time Of Year


Happy Monday everyone.
This is such a sweet time of year.  Christmas is in 3 days and I am so looking forward to it.  Love being with family and friends and watching my little great niece open all her goodies from Santa.


Thought I would show you my Pam Kitty Picnic quilt all finished.  One of my friends saw it and loved it for her daughter and wants to give it to her for Christmas and asked me if I would sell it.  Sure I said.  
I am so happy to have saved some of the fabrics so I think I can make another one.  I just love this panel and fabrics.


This is the quilting I did on it.  I choose daisy's because they remind me of summer.


I used swiss dots on red by Riley Blake for the back.  Just had to use a red and white gingham for the binding,  It screams picnic and I think gingham's make a great binding.


I put most of this quilt top together this weekend for my son's girlfriend.  This is going to be her Christmas present and she loves pink.  The pattern is simple so it goes together pretty fast.  It is a Bunny Hill design Simply Cottage.


I choose to use the light pink polka dot for the inner boarder and use the focus fabric for the outer boarder.  The fabrics I used are a mix of Lecien and Tanya Whelan.  Now I know I am not going to have it all finished by Christmas day.  So my thoughts are, if I just get the top finished I can wrap it up for her for Christmas and at least finish it by New Years.  I know it is last minute but what do you get a young girl that really does not want anything?

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Hugs
donna




9 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a darling quilt! I simply love the color and design :)

    Merry Christmas, sweet friend! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picnic quilt is gorgeous and the pink one is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful! What a lucky girlfriend to receive such a pretty quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love seeing your beautiful work! Both are so pretty. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is LOVELY! Beautiful fabrics.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you put the pinwheel blocks between the beautiful 'picnic' pictures in the Pam Kitty Quilt. I just love how it turned out. Can't wait to see fully, the pink one you are making - the fabric looks so soft and pretty!
    Merry Christmas Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Pam Kitty is so cute. I love the daisy type quilting, one of my favorites! The pink will be a beautiful quilt! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your PKM quilt! Your son's girlfriend must be pretty special to be getting such a nice quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Donna... to you & your family. I wish you all the very best for 2015.
    Have a safe, healthy & festive holiday season.
    HoHoHo

    ReplyDelete