Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It Feels Like Spring and Some Pin Cushions.

Hello sweet Chickadee's.
Hope your week is going well?  It feels like Spring here.  The temps today where like 73.

                I think it is suppose to get cold again over the weekend so we will have to enjoy it while it lasts.



This weekend I went a little pin cushion crazy, but it was a lot of fun.  I wanted to make flowers for my strawberries and could not find a pattern so I made one up.  In the center I sewn in some clear beads.


Here is a side view.  One of the strawberries has poly fill in it and the other one has crushed walnut shells.


I loved making these pin cushions.  The one the right is for my aunt.  She said she was needing a new pin cushion.  Viola!  I used a pattern by Sandra Workman.  Cherry Pie Pin Cushion.  The only thing I did not do is the embroidery.

Hope you are having a quilty week.

Hugs
donna



18 comments:

  1. Your pin cushions are lovely, Donna. I just love the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I can't sew, I absolutely love pin cushions. Your strawberries are absolutely darling. Both cushions are wonderful. Enjoy those lovely temps. We have another snow storm coming through tonight. Fingers crossed we only get a few inches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable Donna!! Such sweet pin cushions!! :) Have a lovely week! We are suppose to be getting 4-6 or 4-8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow .....I'm ready for spring! lol xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pin cushions turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pin cushions Donna.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet strawberries !!! So beautiful job !!! You are a big artist !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just too precious! Love the Pink & White...You do nice work Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your strawberries, won't be long until the real ones are in bloom. Hope you find time to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pincushions. Yesterday it was 52 here in Michigan. Today we have snowstorm advisory. I can barely see out the window as it is snowing very hard and the wind is blowing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet pincushions! Both the strawberries and cherry pies are adorable. I love patterns by Sandra Workman!

    Too bad the nice weather isn't going to last. Maybe 2 more weeks of winter???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute-------------Brrrrrr, it's cold this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I cannot resist a pretty pincushion! =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, love them all!! So cute!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! And 73 degrees! We got down to 0 again. Spring won't be here for a while yet! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi lovely lady! Your pin cushions are extra sweet - love each one of them :) Happy Spring to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at all those pretty cushions!

    ReplyDelete