Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy 2014


Happy 2014 Y'all.  
Can you believe it is already 2014.  Time is really flying by fast.  
We have been busy with family.  Some we have not seen in many years.  So it has been fun catching up.  I am so ready for things to slow up a bit again.


I have been in a heart making mood.  So when I have a had a little time I made this heart needle holder.  I am just in love with Tanya Whelan's Valentine Rose.




This pink scallop fabric is also from Tanya Whelan's Valentine Rose line.  The lace on the front of the heart is from a wedding dress.


In November I was shopping with some friends in Olde Town Katy.  They showed me a shop that I did not know was there.  Such a sweet shop full of vintagey things and old sewing machines.  Look what I brought home with me.  It is a Betsy Ross sewing machine.   This machine is the coolest thing ever.  It works and sews without a bobbin.   When I went to put it on my shelf I noticed on the other side of the shelf  where some Betsy Ross Paper Dolls.  I totally forgot I had them, so of course I had to put them together.


I know that some of you that live up North are really getting a lot of snow and cold temps.  Old man winter seems to be a bit cranky this year. lol.  I love the snow, but of course that is probably because we do not get snow this far South in Texas.  Hope all of you are keeping warm and are snug safely in your homes.

Hugs
donna



10 comments:

  1. oh donna that heart is so cute,have a lovely day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart is fantastic and I'm completely smitten with your toy sewing machine. It looks perfectly at home with your Betsy Ross paper dolls. Stay cozy. We're getting quite the blizzard again. The girls are home an extra day from break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your sweet heart!! And your new little sewing machine, that's just too cute!! We are getting hit really hard tonight and all tomorrow with the storm. All schools, and basically everything is canceled for tomorrow, I'm just hoping we don't loose power! :) Stay cozy warm! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely find, and treasure. Soo cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! I love your heart with the pink felt. Did you hand cut it out? Lucky you to get the sweet sewing machine. I'm so happy for you. I also am concerned for the snowy areas. I have no idea what that would be like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Donna! Love your pretty hearts! And, what a sweet Betsy Ross sewing machine! So happy it has found a wonderful home with you! So fun! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna !!!!! I love your hearts !!!
    So cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are staying warm. It was 23 this morning in Austin. Yuk. I hate to think how cold it is in St. Louis where I am from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Heart Donna and lovely little sewing machine. No snow here! HOT!!!! Love your little snowy people though xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello~
    So glad I stopped by:)
    Your blog is so cute! I love the colors as purple is my favorite!!
    We live in WI and here its so cold! Your lil heart is sewn beautifully as well..Will visit again!
    Take Care and God Bless~
    Annamarie

    ReplyDelete