Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Quilt Sampler 2013 Block 9


HoHoHo Merry Christmas all.

Hope you are enjoying the Christmas Season.  I only have 2 more things to buy and I am done.  WhooHoo!  How about you, are you all done?


Ok now for block 9

Cut 4 pink 3  7/8 inch squares.
Cut one white 3  7/8 inch square.


Cut 2 pink 4 1/8 inch square.
Cut 2 white 4  1/8 inch square.


Lay the pink 4  1/8 inch square on top of a white  4  1/8 inch square wrong sides together.
Using your ruler cut them in half diagonally, you will do this again with the other pink 4  1/8 inch and white 4  1/8 inch square.


So that you have a total of 4 half square triangles.

Sew your triangles together using a 1/4 inch seam.


Remember to set your seams.


Press open to the pink.


You will have 4 of these.


This is the placement for your block.


Here ya go.  Your block will measure 10 1/2 inches.
Next Wednesday is Christmas so I was thinking I may post Block 10 on Monday.

Hope you are having a wonderful week so far and staying warm.

Hugs
donna


7 comments:

  1. No how ho to you Donna,hope Santa brings you lots of presses.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric (as always). I'm so behind on Christmas this year. I need my break from work to start so that I can get caught up. Christmas hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am behind on my blocks. I gotta get to work and catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty block!! Wishing you a lovely week! Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling block! Thanks for sharing! I really need to catch up with my others! ;) Have a lovely day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this tutorial !!!! Nice block !!!

    ReplyDelete