Saturday, June 18, 2011


Good morning chickadee's.  I decided to pick 2 winner's since I have so much fabric.  I let my sweet Duchess pick the winner's.  I pick the first two she put her little nose on.  The lst winner is Donna at http://donna-sugarspicesouthernlife.blogspot.com/  Donna please email your address and I will get your box in the mail this week.


Cheryll at http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com/ was the second winner.  Cheryll please send me your email address as well.  I will also get your package in the mail this week as well.

Ever since Sunday afternoon my week has been crazy.  So yesterday my David took off and took me antiquing/quilt shop hopping.  We decided to head towards Austin.  It seems like before we set out we plan where we can test the bar-b-q next.  So our first stop was Brenham.  He took me to the quilt store and there are a few antique shops there.  But nothing I was interested in there.  We went on and stopped at a few road side antique stores and we didn't find anything again.  Oh boy but when we got into Giddings there where 2 quilt stores the first one was a little pricey the second one was off the beaten path but it was a great shop bought a few things there.  Found some older fabric that I had missed out on when the fabric was out so that made me happy.  We got back in the car and headed to Elgin, Texas  this is where the bar-b-q was.
It was great.  But we made a list of what we think is the best if you are ever in Texas.  Start out going to Lockart, Texas the bar-b-q at Smity's is the best,   Luling, Texas the bar-b-q is at Luling City Market, then Swing Door in Richmond, Texas.  Swing Door is about 25 minutes away for us so we go there more often.  The others are and hour and a half to two hours away but it is worth it.

Well I forgot all about the Friday night sew in lastnight.  I got home late so I do not have anything to show you.

I also wanted to tell you I found some great little vintage pictures last Saturday at http://peggylovesvintage.blogspot.com/  That is where I got the little girl at the top of the page.  It is a great website you should take a look.

I am going to do some more quilting on my flower quilt.  My hopes was to finish it last weekend but I guess that is what happens when life gets in the way.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

ttfn

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners!!! Going antiquing and barbecuing sounds awesome to me. Especially in Texas!! I wish I'd been into that when I lived there. I'll go check out that new site, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous o fyou going antiquing in Texas - sounds like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love barbeque ... could eat it every day! Visiting quilt shops and antiquing is another favorite.
    Glad I won ... will send you my address!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done winners.... they will have such fun.... Oh I would love to come bbq and antique/quilt shopping with you in Texas... mmmm...sounds such fun
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh isn't Giddings the greatest. That shop off the beaten path always has the greatest sales. Lockhart is also our favorite bbq town, however, we like Black's because they have the greatest sides. Sounds like you had the best time. My husband took me down to Buda last week to B&B and I got some great floral fabric for my Farmer's Wife QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky Donna and Cheryl. Sounds like you had a good day out. Love the little girl picture at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Donna..I do miss my Texas BBQ but the KC BBQ is a close second. My parents just came from a wedding in Houston and stopped in Tyler on the way home they were astonished at how it had grown. Thanks for the website tip. Can't wait to see the quilt...smiles...stay cool...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Donna, I really really wish I cold have gone with you. Antique stores, quilt shops, and barbecue ribs? What more could a girl ask for. You're so lucky.
    I am also looking forward to seeing the quilt. I need to get sewing, I'm far behind!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOHHH! Thanks Donna...you have made my day! Cheers xxxx

    ReplyDelete