Friday, March 11, 2011

Finally getting to seat down at the computer.  It has been a busy day off.  Finally the new JoAnn's opened in Sugar Land today.  Today being the first day I just had to go I needed to get some of the thermal stuff you use for hot pads.  Well guess what I totally forgot to buy it.  I am so excited I joined a kitchen hot pad exchange with http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com/.  Cheryll has a wonderful blog you should stop over and see her.

On my to Sugar Land I stopped at what is suppose to be a resale shop.  But the prices are a little higher.  Well I found this quilt top.  Someone has lovingly hand pieced it.  I think some of the fabrics may be feed sacks. I am sorry the picture is side ways.  I did crop everything but I am not sure what happen?  Another thing when I used to download my pictures I could highlight them all and they would download all together and now I have to download them one at a time.  So I am not sure what I have done?


This is a closer picture of the fabrics.    I just love it .  All I have to do now is figure out how I want to quilt it.


The other thing I would like to share with you is Just One Star can comfort a solider.  When I was visiting LaDonna and Diana this morning at http://asisterlyconnection.blogspot.com/  LaDonna was telling everyone about the challenge Moda is having to  piece 100 quilts in 100 days for the injured men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan.   If you are interested in doing this to help our soldiers  please go to united notions http://www.unitednotions.com/LA_just_one_star.pdf  Our son was in the Marines for a short time but currently my sweet niece that is fixing to get married in May is in the Army.  This is one of the blocks I made for the challenge.  I can not wait to mail it tomorrow. God Bless all of our men and women serving to keep us all safe.


ttfn

7 comments:

  1. What a great find you had! I look forward to seeing how you quilt this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding treasures! And you found a great one! It's amazing to me what people want to get rid of. But better for you!

    Thanks for spreading the word about the Just One Star!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a treasure you found!
    Can you imagine the sweet lady sewing each and every stitch. :o)
    Have you considered hand quilting it?
    You are a lucky girl to have a new fabric store going in. What I would give to have access to a fabric store, in person. :o)
    That is a fantastic cause, the star quilts.
    Sincerely, Trish
    ps. I noticed that Elm Creek is one of your favorite reads. I just got my very own copy yesterday. :o) I even blogged about it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt top. Definetly 30's fabric. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Love that star and all its sentiments. My brother is in the Airforce. For Christmas years ago I made a quilt that had all the family that served and their ranks embroidered on it. It turned out great. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful top you found. Does look like some old and newer fabrics used in it.
    Great treasure!
    Just one star is a great way to help our military.
    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, your star is beautiful and I know it will offer a soldier comfort!

    ReplyDelete