Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh me oh my look what I got for a welcome back to work gift.  One of my co-workers and good friends Nancy gave me these quilt blocks.  There are 7 of them and all 7 flowers have different fabric petals.  They are all hand appliqued and made out of feed sack ( I think ).  There is also extra muslin blocks.  I thought tomorrow I would lay them out and get an idea of how it will look.   Nancy and I have the same taste we both love all vintage and old things.  I am not sure of the history of these quilt blocks.  But no matter I just love love them.










.

4 comments:

  1. what a lucky girl! Gorgeous blocks! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty, I love them....can't wait to see what you do with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you stopped by CITexas Gal today so I could return your visit to your wonderful quilting and sewing blog. Oh, and it's purple...one of my favorite colors...and yes, the color of the Featherweight you saw in my Needles Post. It is 1937 Featherweight that was in terrible condition...all chipped and scratched...but still sewed like a dream. I sent it off to be re-done and had it painted Purple. I also have a Black Featherweight that I sew on quite often.

    We have a great deal in common....I'm a former quilt shop owner and a long arm quilter. I now work from home and am trying to catch up on quilting for myself. I love love love vintage quilts especially with 1930's fabrics and have quite a few. I've redone lots of vintage quilt tops and rescued a good many 1930's quilts. The blocks you were gifted are a treasure and I'm sure you will have a great time making a new quilt with them.

    I have a Quilt/Sewing/Knitting Blog you might enjoy. Right now I'm hosting a Knitting group, but it's full of quilting and sewing posts as well. Here's the link:
    SuKnitWitty.blogspot.com

    Enjoyed my visit and am a new Follower. I hope you'll visit again.
    Enjoyed your Doris Day music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    Those are great vintage blocks! How lucky of you to have those given to you. Can't wait to see the quilt you make with them, it's gonna be great!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete