Friday, December 27, 2013

Quilt Sampler 2013 Block 11


Hope all of you had a joyous Christmas and all your Christmas dreams came true.  
We had a relaxing time in front of the tv and fire place watching old Christmas movies. 


Block 11



Cut 1 pink 3 inch strip.  (I used a fat quarter)
Cut 1 white 3 inch strip.
Sew them together.


Set your stitching.


Press open to the pink.


Cut 4 3 inch pieces.


Here is the placement.
Sew 2 together making 2 sets.


This is what they look like sewn together.
Your blocks will be 5 1/2 inches.


Cut 1 5 7/8 inch pink square.
Cut 1 5 7/8 inch white square.


Using your ruler cut the pink and white 5 7/8 inch squares in half.


Sew a pink and a white triangle together using 1/4 inch seam.
Make 2.


This is what they will look like.  Your blocks will measure 5 1/2 inches.


This is your placement for the your block.


Viola!  Your block will be 10 1/2 inches.

I can not believe 2013 is almost over.  This year has really gone by fast for me.  On Monday I will post the last block.   Then I will work on putting it all together and I will post about that in the beginning of 2014.  
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
donna


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Christmas with a fire and favorite movies. Can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou for sharing Donna and have a lovely day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely Christmas!! And such a sweet block!! So pretty, I love that! :) Have a wonderful weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you and thankyou. I love all your tutorials !!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and Pretty. Thanks for the tutorial my dear.
    Our Christmas was a house full of family. Yours sounded very peaceful and relaxing.
    Hope you have a wonder New Year!

    ReplyDelete