Friday, August 26, 2011

I hope all my friends along the East Coast awaiting Irene will be safe.  It seems that this time a year mother nature has a weird sense of humor.  Ya'll will be my prayers.

Today I had 2 doctor's appointments and then I had lunch with one of my good friend's Prissy.  We ate at the Soda Fountain.  It was a pharmacy when I was little and we would go upstairs to the Dr.  The food is great and they make homemade soda's it is just great place to eat.  After I dropped Prissy back off at work I thought I would go treasure hunting.


I went by a resale shop and just LOOK was I found.  Fire King bowls at lower than garage sale prices.  They are in perfect condition.  Just could not pass these bowls up.  I have been eyeing them now again but they where always Waay out of my price range.  I guess it was just meant to be today. 


I also found this biscuit sack.  Sorry you can not read it.  But it says San Antonio River Mill Brand at the bottom Country Style Biscuit.   We only live a couple of hours from San Antonio did not know they this was available.


I could not pass up this cute Little Bo-Peep book.  


This cute little crocheted dress is going to hang somewhere in my sewing room.  I just love the color and I think it is going to look great against my lavender wall.  I also found a couple of vintage hankies but I have not taken any pictures yet.  They have a few stains and since I am such a freak I have them soaking.  So once they dry I will take a picture and show you.  Hope everyone has a great evening.



18 comments:

  1. Loving the biscuit sack! How cool! Yes. My aunt is planning to drive home from NY to NC tonight. Yikes! And she won't be dissuaded. Very worried for them all as well. Hope they are all okay. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna...aren't the graphics darling in the Bo Peep book? Fantastic tulip bowls...what a score. Lucky duck. Although I must say I could use a good soda right about now...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!! I have a couple of those crocheted dresses one red and one blue. I got them about 10 years ago, they were made by onof my mothers friends. I love the biscuit sack ,it looks so soft. You did good at the resale shop!!! A soda does sound good right now, it's been a hot day in Texas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds at the thrift shop - lucky you! Love th bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great treasures Donna, love the biscuit sack - what are you going to do with it? Have a great weekend, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, the tulip bowls are wonderful! So glad you found them! My mom has a couple of those and they are really cute! I love the little blue dress. It really will look nice on your walls. I have a couple of those too, in different colors. (I did a post a while back.) I love the illustrations of the Little Bo Peep book. When my kids were tiny, they dressed as LBP and her sheep for Halloween one year. (I used to dress them in costumes that went together all the time... Hansel and Gretel, Dorothy and The Tin Man, Thing One and Thing Two, etc...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl I want to go thrifting with you - what treasures you found!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time thrifting. I got a Sun Bonnet Sue quilt block when I was in Brownwood last month but haven't photographed it yet. Guess I had better get on the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've been very busy, Miss Donna! I love all your little treasure finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds Donna. Your little book is so cute. I love the idea of having lunch at a "soda fountain" sounds just like in the old movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun post Donna and love those bowls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bowls are so cute, Donna! It sounds like a fun, fun day for you!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna,
    Love the dress!!! Aren't those little things the cutest :)
    You found some adorable things.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, we are your newest followers! We love your blog, it is right up our alley. Those Fire King bowls are beautiful! We found one of these bowls (the largest size) at a yard sale and we lovelovelove it! We felt very lucky because they are so expensive at antique stores and online. And that Little Bo Peep book looks so darling, we bet the graphics inside are just too cute! We are happy we found your blog, and we are going to look around some more!

    Have a great day,
    Laura and Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    I visited your blog today. I saw you on Ric Rac and Polka Dots. Your blog is so cheerful, pretty, and full of life!! Purple is one of my favorite colors. You have alot of creative ideas here. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you and seeing all your wonderful ideas. Your blog has brightened my day. I really like it. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet evening.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Donna, you found some wonderful things. I especially love the Little Bo Peep book and the little crocheted dress.
    I had big plans for finishing my post today but my son needed a last minute babysitter last night. They dropped him off around 8:30 and he was throwing up by midnight. He was up for several hours being sick. Then my husband was up at five making noise, then my son at seven, so I just gave up on sleeping. Now I feel like the walking dead. I guess it's safe to say I'll not be getting much done today on my blog. Even better, they will be needing a sitter tomorrow too!!! Well, they usually save me for last and try everyone else first, so I'm not going to complain. He's so sweet though, such a cutie. We'll have fun anyhow. Hopefully he will nap . . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great treasures you found. Thanks for stopping by my Hurricane Irene post -- we made out well, but some of my family still does not have power yet. Miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice Fire King bowls. Lucky find.
    I like the little crocheted dress. If it's not too large, it would make a pretty Christmas tree ornament.

    ReplyDelete