Saturday, January 8, 2011

This morning we woke up to an adventure.  There was a little dog on our back porch.  We live out in the country and you can hear the coyote's at night.  I was worried about the poor little girl so David went around the neighborhood trying to find out if someone had lost there poor little baby.  She had no collar on so that made things a little tougher.  Sometimes people dump there dogs out here on our road.  Which I think is just horrible.  Well no one had lost there pet.  So we got in the car and went further we did not find out who lost her but we did find her a good home.  Which made me feel much better for her.

On another note my friend Sharon came over yesterday and we had a great day of quilting.  She made her mother a hexagon quilt for Christmas and we did not get around to quilting it before Christmas so she wrapped  up the top to go under the tree.  I think the fabric she used was Cherish Nature?  Anyway it came out really nice.  We quilted leaves and loops on it. When I took the picture I was hoping you could see the quilting.  But not so much sorry.  And if you can believe it Sharon and I got to talking and I forgot to take a picture of the finished quilt. Whoops.



My beautiful niece is getting married in May.  And of course I am going to make her a quilt for a wedding present.  Thought I would show you what I picked out.  The reason I picked out this quilt is because it has hearts.  Now I have a whole closet full of Thimbleberries fabric.  I used to be gaga for Thimbleberries but not so much anymore.  Now don't get me wrong there are some Thimbleberries fabric I like but I am ready to move on to brighter colors ( purples, pinks and yellows ).  I have so much fabric from different collections of  theThimbleberries from like 2004 I think I need to start sewing it up.  No since and letting it seat there it needs a home.



I started cutting out the fabrics.  For the heart block you have to make 80 31/2 inch  9 patches.  I am well on my way.  I will she show you more in a later post.  It's time for me to visit my sewing machine now.



Happy Quilting,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! I found you through the Texas Blogging Gals page, your blog is beautiful!!! and I am in love with that pretty pink quilt in the post below. I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll pop over for a visit often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Donna! Thank you for inviting me to your blog. It's so pretty! It was so sweet of you to take the time to make sure that little dog was safe. It's ashame that people drop off pets. If it weren't for people dropping off a pet, though, I wouldn't have the wonderful dog (my rescued cat died this past May). The quilts you have shown are gorgeous. I know what you mean about talking so much you forget to shoot pictures. That happens when my quilting friends and I get together, too. It's always so fun, though.

    ReplyDelete