Tuesday, December 28, 2010


Hope everyone had a Blessed Christmas with family and friends.  Here at our house it was wonderful.  Our son is home for Christmas.  We had a cozy little Christmas with just the 3 of us.  Before Christmas we got together with my sisters family and my sister gave this wonderful book of letters and different quilt blocks from the 1920's by Laurie Aaron Hird it even came with a disc in the back but of course I have not had a chance to plug in the disc.




One of my really good friends Carla gave me Amy Barickman's book of Vintage Notions.  This is also a really nice book it has everything from sewing to cooking ( even recipe's).  I am just in love with both books.  I also thought I would show you block 4 of the Circle of Friends quilt I am working on. I am sorry for the glare on the blocks I guess I should turn off my lamp before I take the pictures. (whoops) 


In addition to the block each month you also make pinwheel blocks that will later be a border.  I love the way they have you make the pinwheels it makes it really easy and they come out nice. 


Happy Quilting with Love,

1 comment: